Looking for a cute place to grab some margaritas in Northwest Philly? Want to get your Taco Tuesday groove on? Look no further! El Poquito is a delicious Mexican restaurant in Chestnut Hill!
Food + Drinks
Most importantly, El Poquito serves up a mean margarita! My personal favorite is the blood orange margarita. The drinks are not too sweet, not too tart. Perfectly refreshing! Margaritas start at $9.
You can’t go wrong with an order of chips and guac for the table. The guacamole is pretty darn good, but I must admit, I’ve had better.
The menu isn’t huge, but there is definitely something for everyone! The taco selection is lovely, and there are both traditional and contemporary flavor options!
My personal favorite item on the menu is the Carne Asada in bowl form (it is also available in taco form). But, I must admit, the Carne Asada bowl doesn’t travel well if you’re ordering takeout!
I will shamelessly admit to ordering off the kids menu from time to time. Every once in a while, I get a strong craving for what my sister calls a “gringo taco” — basically, the most Americanized version of a taco. Literally just a hard shell, ground beef, lettuce, tomato, and shredded cheese. El Poquito calls this a kid’s taco, and it is delicious!
Overall, El Poquito has a great ambiance. The design of the space is contemporary without being stuffy. Definitely somewhere you’ll want to hang out!
They have enormous booths that can comfortably fit 6-8 people, and lots of bar seating too!
While the dining room is tremendously cute, it is also tremendously loud when busy. Everything is clad in wood, and the ceilings are pretty high, which definitely doesn’t help the noise level.
When the weather permits, there is a covered outdoor patio! This is my favorite spot for grabbing post-work margaritas in summer!
Check out Taco Tuesdays! Every Tuesday, El Poquito runs specials on drinks and tacos!
El Poquito is a bit on the pricey side. I wouldn’t say the prices are outrageous, but El Poquito is definitely upscale dining. The prices are on par with other nice restaurants in Chestnut Hill.
I am a huge El Poquito fan, and eat here (or get delivery) on a weekly basis. I have to mention that the food is occasionally subpar. It happens about 1 out of every 10 times. 90% of the time, the food is incredible… the other 10% of the time, the food is just ok.
It is also worth mentioning that they are friends of gluten-free folks! The servers usually have a crystal clear knowledge of what is and isn’t safe, and never hesitate to double check, if needed.
NEVER MISS A THING! Join a strong crew of Philadelphia residents who get weekly information about the best happy hours, comedy shows, sporting events, and other fun activities in and around Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Plus, the best hiking, biking, health and wellness options, new hot spots, and more!